Friday, June 19, 2009

Godamus Rhyme & 6th Sense



This is Godamus Rhyme don't sleep this is dope I REPEAT DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS! If you love hiphop then you need to download this mixtape.
Here is the press release
Fresh on the heels of 2 great bodies of work by NYC Producer 6th Sense (”It’s a 6th Sense Beat Yo!” and “It’s Notherground Music!!”) comes “The Adventures of Rhyme & Sense.”

The new mixtape, by Florida emcee Godamus Rhyme, is comprised of songs recorded to the instrumentals from It’s a 6th Sense Beat Yo!, the mixtape was born out of a public challenge from illRoots.com founder Mike Waxx: “To All Artists: Whoever can kill at least ten of these tracks and come with a concept and artwork, we will sponsor your tape.”
Upon downloading 6th Sense’s mix and reviewing the contents, Godamus quickly determined that ten was not enough. “Once I heard the quality of the music, I knew I had to kill every beat on there,” he says. “Who else would be crazy enough?”
Godamus worked tirelessly to complete the ambitious effort. After first putting pen to paper on March 2nd, he emerged a month later with a fully completed project. “It took me about 2 weeks to write. The rest of the time was spent in the studio and doing the art,” he notes. “I could have done it faster, but I also work a 9 to 5.”
Inspired by the variety of sounds that 6 th Sense brought to the table, Godamus used The Adventures of Rhyme & Sense as an aural playground to showcase his artistic abilities, using his skills as a rapper and singer to offer a variety of stories, social commentaries, and a healthy amount of shit-talking to the mix.
“He went in,” 6th Sense says about the project. “I can’t believe he actually did the whole thing. Respect.”
“6th Sense has so many different styles; it really allowed me to just experiment. Dude’s beats just had a real dope vibe,” Godamus says. “For the first time in a long time, all I had to worry about was being an emcee and rocking out to the tracks. I wrote ten tracks in the first day, and I’ve NEVER done that before. So it was definitely a challenge, but it brought out the best in me.”

AVAILABLE NOW!!! http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onlwmygzkzz

www.godamusrhyme.com
www.myspace.com/godamusrhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment